Parentage Issues

A Lawyer's Assistance with Parentage Issues

If you are an unmarried parent, taking legal action over parentage issues can help you establish your role and rights in your child's upbringing. Attorney Robert Schmit represents both mothers and fathers throughout the southwest Chicago suburbs in parentage cases and understands that any case where children are involved deserves special attention and care.

Mr. Schmit has dedicated the past 30 years of his 30 year legal career to family law and knows how to meet families' individual needs. To schedule a free initial consultation, e-mail or call 708-923-6340.

Finding the Solutions Your Family Needs

Parentage cases for unmarried parents are similar to divorce proceedings in terms of starting cases, serving summons, compiling the financial information, and undergoing the dispute resolution process.

These cases focus entirely on the best interests of the child. Attorney Robert Schmit will be with you every step of the way. Clients get advice and recommendation as to what they can expect, what reasonable resolutions might be, and the best way for them to obtain the best results under the circumstances. 

Lawyer Robert Schmit takes pride building a personal rapport with his clients and understanding their individual needs.

Contact Robert J. Schmit to discuss your parentage issues in a free initial consultation. Evening appointments are available upon request and his office is located in Palos Heights three blocks west of Harlem Avenue in Lake Katherine.